Friday, April 29, 2005

Absolutely nothing -- kind of like Seinfeld

It's a much calmer day in paradise today, or so they tell me. The sun is shining (there, but not here), the temperature is dry and warm (but not here), birds are singing and flowers bloom... not here. Isn't that a song...? I think it's called "Song of Cynic"...

Here, actually, it is cloudy, unseasonably cool, even for Wisconsin (hovering just above frostbite), and it's damp. I walked about campus awhile ago, starting out with a fleece jacket, and eventually removing it, only to become too cool again and put it back on. "Humid...damp...clammy" is what my grandmother would say. And if it were warmer and humid, and there was no breeze, she would say "it's very close." I'm not sure what was close, but as a child I imagined she meant the AIR was very close, because you could almost feel it, and it was sticky!

It's Friday -- the best day of my life. (I' know there have been and will be much better days, but considering the week...)

Want to greet a few really wonderful people today, before the onset of a quiet, restful weekend...

To AB -- Yes, Alan, I love your comments AND your blog. Keep those cranial words flowing... or is that "brainiac?" Or perhaps, "ethereal?"!

To Billy -- My good friend in the north... Let's go to Alaska. I'm ready to be at one with the moose... or is that "meese?"

To Bette -- When will this rightwing extremism end?! When will we be delivered? When will Tom DeLay (re)turn into a toad? We need Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones to zap the aliens...

To Misha -- It was good to see you yesterday, even if you are a cop!! (But I won't tell anyone....)

To Baby -- Enjoy the snow. It gives you moisture. And as long as it's there, it isn't HERE!! Drive carefully and have a sweet weekend!

To Pip -- Don't.

WAIT! I see sun! I have to go into it and warm myself...